About the Department:
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2011. It offers under graduate course in Bachelor of Civil Engineering with intake capacity of 60 seats. The department has well experienced faculty members, technical staff and well equipped laboratories.
The teaching is aided by expert lectures, workshops, training courses, field visits to expand the theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the students. The training courses include training in industry standard commercial software to make the student industry ready.
The department encourages and guides the students to carry out innovative projects, to prepare innovative models and to publish research papers.
The department also undertakes consultancy work in the field of civil engineering.
The vision of the Civil Engineering department is to establish an outstanding centre of regional and national repute for providing quality engineering education to the students, build a research identity in all related areas of Civil Engineering uniquely. Through core research and education, the students will be prepared as the best professional Engineer in the field of Civil Engineering to face the challenges of the industry.
A country’s stage of development is reflected from the hugeness of buildings, the quality of architecture, the sustainability of the innovations, the quality of roads, the transport systems, and the care of environment the civil engineers effectively do. Our Mission is:
- To serve the people of the state of Madhya Pradesh and the country as a whole by providing a broad and high quality education to its student for a successful professional career.
- To conduct strong basic and applied research for national needs.
- To serve the construction industry; civil engineering profession and rural community through dissemination of knowledge and technical services.
- The department will make the best effort to promote intellectual, ethical and technological environment to the students. The department invokes the desire and ability of life-long learning in the students for pursuing successful career in engineering.
Head of Department:
||Prof. Aman Tiwari
||BE(CIVIL), MTech (MANIT)
||Life member of ISTE
||International(02), National (00)
||Soil and Foundation Engineering, Geotechnology for Roads, Ground Improvement.
The department of Civil Engineering has well established laboratories to perform the experiments as per RGPV syllabus. Experiments are being carried out as per IS Codes. Highly experienced faculty members and trained lab technicians guide the students to carry out the experimental and project works in the laboratories. Besides, consultancy works are being carried out in the laboratories for testing of various construction materials. Students learn to carry out quality check on construction material and also to handle sophisticated instruments like Total Station.
Activities & Achievements of the department (2017):
- 2 day workshop on “Measuring, Estimation & E-tendering Processes in engineering works under e-governance” was conducted in the month of September 2017 and highly competent persons from various sectors took the sessions and made it comprehensive learning program.
Site visit to Tawa dam, RMC plant, Water treatment plant etc in last academic session.
Training program on AutoCad software for 15 days.
A model on future construction named as “City 2030” was made by final year students and won first prize in more than five national level competition conducted by various institutes of Bhopal.
Students of final won first prize in paper presentation held at SGSITS, Indore which was conducted by Indian Geotechnical Society.
Students of Civil Engineering got selected in GATE 2018 exam through classroom learning.