The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) has been established in the year 2008 with an initial intake of 60 students.
The department boasts some of the most advanced and latest hi-tech software's. It gives us full satisfaction to highlight the fact that department of CSE is enriched with good infrastructure, high qualified and experienced faculty and very enthusiast and devoted students. The department is also having well-stacked and extended library of the central-library for the faculty and students of the department. The department library has been monitored and maintained frequently by the faculty of the department. The main objective is to get immediate help and support regarding the academics, projects and thesis work.
The Department of CSE follows the curriculum of the university and also covers the portions that are beyond the syllabus. The curriculum covers all the software and related hardware part of computing mainly, Computer Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Database Management Systems, Computer Architecture, Graphics and Multimedia, and other emerging areas like usage of Soft-Computing tools and so on, and the areas in CSE as per the syllabus prescribed by RGTU, Bhopal.
The Landmark achieved by the Department of CSE, within a very short span is: Organized the International conference on "Recent Trends in Soft Computing and Information Technology"on 09-10 January 2010. The teaching-learning process comprises class-room teaching, along with tutorials, practical, seminars and viva-voce, projects and so on. The teaching aids used are conventional blackboard, overhead projector (OHP) and LCD.
We are having competent faculties with vast teaching experience. They provide students with the latest technical knowledge and practical exposure so that they can make their presence felt in the latest technical revolution. The Department offers guidance to the students in the latest software like C, C++, JAVA, .NET and LINUX programming. The computer facilities comprise laboratories of 200+ Computers; all are interconnected through the network. The department has also the Internet facility of 2MBPS for the faculty and student.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is trying to have strong collaboration with industries and sign MOU with many leading industries. The Department has Experienced, competent and devoted faculty.
Future targets & planning:
- Modernization of labs
- To conduct more workshops and seminars on the latest Technologies
- Broadening its student profile and providing further opportunities for participation through the development of more flexible course structures and modes of delivery.
- Contributing to regional and national developments supporting wider access to other phases of education. Enhancing further its student support systems, and ensuring that academic support and other services facilitate progression and completion.
- To facilitate online learning teaching & assessment of the students.
- To develop strong industry institute development
- Increase the number of teaching staff having post graduate and Ph.D. qualifications